Sinhua Community College
From personal experience and group organizations to the establishment of a society, Sinhua Community College is built on the learning of adults on social values, career development, networking, social responsibility, and social image, thereby encompassing the multifaceted aspects of adult careers.
(1) Compassion towards minority groups, intergroup dialogues: The community college is made up of members from all levels of society. Through a collection of different life experiences, opportunities for conversations are created, inspiring adults to learn about social values.
(2) Passion to learn, reflections that innovate: The creation of a friendly learning environment to ignite students’ passion to learn. Through reflections, students develop innovations and rediscover the meaning of life, paving the path to learn about career development.
(3) Form social networks, participate in public affairs: Increase social awareness of the community college students and encourage participation in public affairs. Students are also encouraged to form social learning networks and become citizens of society.
(4) Community training, taking action: In response to the harsh reality of globalization and large scale influx of foreign capital, the school’s goal is for a “sustainable Taiwan”. By training local talents, expanding local knowledge, and investing in local organizations, students will learn to care about their community and become socially responsible adults.
(5) Embrace diversity, be fair and just: Faced with the issue of Taiwan’s increasing income gap, environmental degradation, and extremely divided government parties, by embracing diversity and accepting different cultures, races, social levels, and generations, a fair and just social image of coexistence can be created.
2. Our Feature
Sinhua Community College contains seven administrative areas. As the first community college established by union in Taiwan, Sinhua community college pay our attention to community members from various backgrounds, from agricultural workers, industrial labors, self-employed workers to housekeepers. We emphasize our focus on how people live and try to learn from their daily works. Our teammates in Sinhua community college share the same believe, which is to learn and to take action together, and endeavor to promote adult education, encouraging community to learn and participate in public affairs.
Sinhua community college started following up food security and food self-sufficiency issues since 2012. We lead community college students to explore issues related to genetically modified foods and food security through participating in the bean growing workshop.
3. Our Mission
(1) Expand service range and set up more classroom locations so community members can enjoy the community college’s learning resources regardless of socioeconomic class, lifestyle, and living location.
(2) Different from other schools, Sinhua Community College’s classroom material is based on local knowledge. Expanding courses that are unique to the area and training professional staff can bring the community together and aid in social development.
(3) Form local organizations that care about public affairs and alliances that act collectively as one large group to create dialogues between community members and fulfill the community college’s school vision of actively participating in society.
(4) Teach the community college’s teachers and students to be action-orientated, to think critically, and to promote the planning of adult courses to take on this new direction.
71242 No.722 Zhongxing Road, Xinhua District, Tainan City, Taiwan (R.O.C)